The Periscope is an app for iOS and Android. It allows the user to have live video streaming. This app was purchased by Twitter in March 2015 and re-launched on iOS and later release for Android on May 26, 2015.
The Periscope is available in mobile application and on Twitter. If Periscope is connected to Twitter, the users give another user a chance to view links which is tweeted so that they can watch live streaming. Users of Periscope have the option to make their video public or make it private so that the viewers are limited only to their friends and families.
While the other app uses a “thumbs up or thumbs down” to like or appreciate a post, Periscope viewers use “hearts”. They send hearts to the broadcaster by tapping the mobile screen. There is a “people tab” where a Most Loved List displays the users who have received the highest number of hearts during the real-live broadcast.
One special feature of Periscope is that it allows you to air live videos to the whole world. As you go live, your followers will be notified and invited to join, comment and send heart as a sign of approval. Periscope offers other features like:
1. Replay- After your broadcast is finished, you can replay it so that viewers can watch it again. As they watch replay, the viewers can give their hearts and comments to what they have viewed.
2. Private- You can choose the people that you would like to invite to watch your broadcast. You can do this by pressing the lock icon before you go live.
3. Twitter-You have the option to share your Periscope Broadcast on Twitter. You will have to tap the bird icon before you go live on air. If you choose to go live you can tweet a link so that your follower on Twitter can watch you on the web or in the apps
4. Manage Notifications- Periscope can suggest the people that you should follow based on your Twitter network. You can follow people all the time, however, if you don’t like to be notified if they go live, you can unfollow them.
5. Hearts- Periscope monitors the number of hearts your viewers have given you. Which means that the more hearts you get, the greater your chance to be on top of the list of the “Most Loved List”.
The cost that will be incurred to develop an app like Periscope will depend on how the developer will work on the app that you like him to develop. What is considered here in costing are the different features that you want on your app and the developer’s professional fee.
The App clone of a very famous Periscope app will cost you between $5,500 to $12,500 per platform if you decide to make Hyperlink Infosystem your tech partner. We have the best App developers across the word and the best designers which make your app look just wow! Contacts us for more information and free quote.