It is quite challenging to get your targeted users to download your mobile application and make use of it. Research has shown that about 20% of people that download an application use the application just once, and there is a 95% probability that the application will be abandoned soon.
The success of a mobile app solely depends on a lot of factors, but UI/UX design for mobile app
tops the list. An application that has a great user interface (UI) and user experience (UX) stands out. Mobile app design has a set of principles that focus on a fluid user experience that top app development companies in India
should adhere to.
Before going further, it is important to know the fundamentals of UI and UX designs for the design of mobile applications and their separate role. Usually, the term UX and UI are used interchangeably or misinterpreted, but they have a distinct role in the process of their design.
What’s User Interface (UI) Design?
User interface design
simply has to do with the feel and look of a mobile application. The primary goal of the user interface design is to make the interaction of users simple, efficient and to help them achieve their goal of using the mobile application. The graphics and typography that is used to design an interface defines the usability and enhances the aesthetic appeal. The design of User Interface strikes a balance between technical functionality and visual elements by building a system that can adjust to the changing need of users.
Principles of Interface Design
A user interface that is intuitive helps in conversion. For a mobile app to be compelling and have rich features, it is very important to follow the principles of interface design.
- The Principle of Simplicity: Mobile app design should be simple and have a clear communication to users. The functionality of the mobile application should have relevant shortcuts.
- The Principle of Structure: The user interface should be organized wisely based on the models that are consistently recognized by users. The principle of structures focuses more on the architecture of the user interface.
- The Principle of Visibility: A great design should not get the users confused with unnecessary information. The design of the interface should have options that don't get users distracted with redundant information.
- The Principle of Feedback: The design of an interface should give information about the errors and actions that are relevant to users in a familiar and simple language.
- The Principle of Tolerance: App developers in India
experts should make sure the design of the interface is flexible and prevent errors by describing the users’ actions.
- The Principle of Reuse: The need for users to rethink and remember should be reduced, so the design elements that should be integrated should be consistent with the mobile application’s purpose.
Great User Interface Designing Tips
A UI design that is excellent integrates features that enhance the visual appeal. To help you add some usability and aesthetic appeal to your mobile apps, here are a few tips for UI design.
- Graphics: For the visual appeal of a mobile application to be improved it requires graphics of the right size, designed to be suitable for fast loading of the best graphics and give users a good user experience.
- Pictures with High Resolution: Pictures with a resolution of 264 ppi or greater will give the user interface a stunning look and also attract the attention of users. Pictures with high-resolution boost clarity on mobile devices with large screens. Vector photos are also very effective as they can automatically scale to suit higher resolutions.
- 508 Compliance: Usually, developers take security and 508 issues into account at a later stage of the development process, but this only increases the time the project is supposed to be completed. A user interface designer should get help from backend team and middleware experts to figure the correct data and how it will be displayed. A good user interface designer should focus more on minimizing users’ learning curve and increase general productivity.
What’s UX Design?
User Experience (UX) aims at enriching the satisfaction of audience by improving accessibility, usability, pleasure, and utility of the interaction. It includes various disciplines such as information architecture, usability, visual design, human-computer interaction, and interaction design. User experience takes into account the goals of a business. User experience
makes sure the mobile application makes an impact in the users’ life.
The following are factors necessary for a UX that is meaningful:
Principles of User Experience for Mobile Apps
A good mobile application is differentiated from a bad one with the user experience. The UX principle of mobile application ensures a good UX and conversion optimization. These principles explain the various key considerations and phases for designing an app for a smartphone. The principle will help in the optimization of existing apps and in creating a new one.
- Navigation and Home Screen: Home screen should enhance the journey of users, help them to meet their expectations and complete their task. The navigation should be logical, clear, and task-oriented all through the application. The primary navigation should always be visible to users, and the secondary navigation should be available on a tap.
- Splash Screen, Onboarding, and Tips: the First impression matters a lot. Users should have quick access to content and assess its value. A splash screen shows the information about the brand and engages the audience. Tips should also be made available to users. Have an onboarding sequence if it is necessary.
- Permissions and Sign In Applications have a higher level of convenience and personalization. Users are often logged into the application, so you have to make sure they don’t need to sign up except it’s absolutely required.
Design Process of User Experience
The user experience design process
relies on a lot of factors, some of which are; the nature of the project, client need, deadline, budget, and the designer’s experience. A UX designer has to choose the most suitable techniques. The main phases of a user experience process are:
- Strategy: The process of designing begins with setting the Strategy that focuses on the guiding principle of vision and brand of the user. The strategy will help in shaping the project and the user’s benefits of using the application.
- Research: The duration of this phase is solely dependent on the nature of the project. UX design projects that are complex require a thorough Competitor Analysis. Other means of research are informal interviews and user survey. A key to developing a good UX is research, so an intensive groundwork is needed.
- Analysis: You have to draw insight based on the information you have collected in the phase of research.